Professional Skill Development
- Written by Colleen M Ambron
- Category: Professional Skill Development
- Created: 16 November 2012
Attention CHOP Mentors: Nominate your Postdoc, Physician Fellow or Graduate Student for the 2013 CHOP Distinguished Research Trainee Award! The CHOP Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA) is pleased to announce the opening of the 2013 Distinguished Research Trainee Award call for nominations. The deadline for nomination is December 31, 2012.
The goal of this program is to recognize outstanding research trainees at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Mentors are encouraged to nominate their exemplary trainees (postdoctoral fellows, medical/physician fellows or CHOP-based UPenn graduate students) to be our next Distinguished Research Trainees. The winners (one from each trainee pool) will be featured on the OPA’s Research Trainee Web Portal, be recognized with an award certificate at 2013 CHOP Research Poster Day, and receive a monetary prize. The certificate will be presented by Dr. Philip Johnson, Chief Scientific Officer of the CHOP Research Institute.
To nominate your trainee:
1) Draft a brief, business-formatted letter that touches on the following points:
- How has your trainee distinguished his or herself from other trainees at similar levels of experience?
- How has your trainee impacted your research program at CHOP?
- What are the broader implications of your trainee’s research, either to his or her field of study or to society as a whole?
2) Attach/append a current CV for the trainee, which includes descriptions of awards earned and hyperlinks to representative publications/abstracts
These nominations will be reviewed and voted upon by the faculty-led CHOP Research Trainee Advisory Committee (RTAC). All nominees, including the winners, will be notified of this recognition in February 2013.
All nominations must be submitted by December 31, 2012, at 12pm.